Many parents have difficulties with the friendly baby breakfast, lunch, dinner ideas. It should be healthy and have a blend of nutrition and taste.
For picky eaters, it becomes much difficult for the parents to make the food they love.
Well, no more difficulties anymore. This post has got the best and superb baby-friendly food ideas.
Baby Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Ideas
Variety is the essential thing that you should consider while making food for your baby.
You can try giving your sweetie few bites of some different stuff rather than making her eat the bowl full of the same thing. It is essential to expose your babies to a variety of taste, temperature, and texture to avoid them from becoming a picky eater.
Baby Food Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast is essential as it offers calories to initiate the metabolic process of the body.
This first food of the day needs to be nourishing. Giving a breakfast with ample calories to the baby offers an excellent kickstart for the whole day.
Baby needs to have breastfed until the age of six months.
After that, you can give some solid food to the babies.
These breakfast ideas are for babies from six to 12 months of age.
Banana and Rice Porridge
Porridge is a healthy breakfast for both adults and babies.
You can use formula milk in making porridge for the babies.
- Boil the rice flakes and cook them till they get soft.
- Next mix them
- Add formula milk and some chopped bananas in the cooking pot that has smashed rice
- Cook all the stuff together for around 3 minutes.
- Stir it, so it gets mixed well.
- Cool it and then offer it to your baby.
Multi Vegetable Puree
- Choose the vegetables that you think your baby would love to have,
- Cook them in a pressure cooker until they are tender and soft.
- Transfer them all along with the vegetable stock to the blender and blend them.
- Don’t drain the vegetable stock as it contains excellent nutrients.
- If the puree is thick, add some boiled water.
- Cool it down and feed to the baby.
- Peel off the fruits of your choice
- Blend them
- Add some water to make the mixture thin.
- Serve the puree to the baby.
Lentil, Carrot and Pumpkin Mash
The nutritional value of this breakfast is quite high.
- Boil the carrot and pumpkin together.
- Cook the lentils separately until they are soft.
- Blend all vegetables in a blender. You can also mash them using a masher.
- Cook these mashed vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Cool, it and serve it.
Mashed Potatoes and Boiled Chicken Chunks
- Chop the vegetables
- Cook the chicken and potatoes separately until each of them is soft. This is necessary so that the baby can swallow them easily.
- Mix the potatoes and chicken
- Soften the mixture by adding some chicken stock.
- Serve it to the baby.
This is a wheat dessert. Avoid giving this to your baby if he is gluten allergic.
- Mix the wheat flour with water and milk.
- Cook it in a stove.
- Don’t add sugar in it as the formula milk will add sweetness
- Cook, it until the mixture is easily mashable.
- Cool it
- Serve with a small spoon.
- Oatmeal banana porridge
- Mango and rice porridge
- Barley apple porridge
- Mashed oatmeal and banana
- Meat-vegetable puree
- Fruit porridge
- Chicken apple sausage
- Rice flour and vegetable porridge
Baby-led Weaning Lunch Ideas
Following are some of the superb baby-led weaning lunch ideas.
You will surely have success with these ideas.
Chicken Noodle Soup
- Shredded chicken
- Diced celery
- Sliced carrots
- Whole grain fusilli
Put the small piece of the chicken, celery, cooked carrots and pasta in the baby’s tray and let the baby enjoy his favorite sips.
Eggs and Toast
- Cut the egg omelet into strips
- The bread needs to be toasted. Cut the toast so that the baby can grasp it early with his hands.
- You can also offer fresh raspberries along with it.
Meatball and Veggies
- Beef meatball
- Chopped spaghetti
- Mushrooms and spinach, chopped and sauteed in oil (olive oil)
You can have the beef with some cloves of garlic (minced), an egg and a teaspoon of thyme.
For the mushrooms, spinach, and spaghetti squash, chop them so that the baby can easily chew and swallow them.
Adding olive oil helps in absorbing the fat-soluble vitamins.
- Disassembled sandwich
- Yogurt power bowl
- Cheese and veggie mac
Baby-Friendly Dinner Ideas
You need to satisfy the baby’s hunger with the best dinner.
It is an excellent idea to let the baby try new flavors.
Have a look at the following amazing baby-friendly dinner ideas.
- Preheat the oven at 150C.
- Boil a handful of baby pasta
- Then add some frozen peas in the pan.
- Drain it
- Transfer the stuff to the ovenproof dish.
- Add a chopped ham slice in the dish
- Beat an egg and yogurt
- Pour this mixture over the pasta.
- Then sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Bake it in the oven for around 8-10 minutes.
Smoked Mackerel Pâté
- Peal a small cucumber piece.
- Then grate it.
- Drain in a sieve.
- Use the spoon to squeeze the excess moisture out.
- Flake the mackerel
- Use your fingers to check for small bones.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, around three tablespoons of yogurt in the mackerel and cucumber and then stir them.
- You can serve it with a toast.
Spinach and Sweet Potato Pasta
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Grate some sweet potato in the steaming basket and add the basket to the pan.
- Steam for four minutes.
- Add 1-2 spoonful of peas and some spinach leaves.
- Steam it until the peas are warmed.
- Drain the mixture
- Use a spoon to squeeze excess water.
- Cook 5 tbsp of baby pasta following the instructions as mentioned on the packet.
- Blend or chop the sweet potatoes and spinach mixture.
- Add two teaspoons of cream cheese in the cooked pasta and stir it.
- Fruit and custard
- Chickpea and bean mash
- Baby gazpacho
The food recipes for babies need to be tasty and nutritious.
Offering different food textures and flavors will excite the babies.
Also, make sure that they can be eaten safely as the baby do not have much control over swallowing. Thus the risk of choking increases.
Chop any fruits and vegetable into small pieces before serving them.
The friendly baby breakfast, lunch, dinner ideas will help you discourage picky eating for your little ones.
Check out this marvelous post about toddler food ideas