It is fun for the family to cook and eat together.
There are easy recipes for kids to make by themselves by which you can enjoy in the kitchen with your kids.
Cooking with your kids is a great indoor activity.
Children feel more empowered, being able to work in the kitchen to prepare fresh and nutritious food with you. This way, you will not have to cook separate food for adults and kids in the family.
All members of the family find these easy, simple yet delicious recipes tempting.
Easy Recipes For Kids to Make and Cook By Themselves
Here are a few recipes that you can involve your kids in preparing.
Chicken French Bread Pizza
It is easy and interesting to use the leftover roasted chicken topped on French bread. This can teach your child to utilize leftover food and avoid wasting it.
You can make use of your creativity by adding a variety of vegetables to add a new flavor to it. You can have it for lunch, dinner, or as a snack.
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- Olive oil two tablespoons
- ¾ cup of Romano cheese or grated asiago
- minced garlic two tablespoons
- finely sliced capsicum ¼ cup
- One loaf of French bread (16 Ounces)
- grilled chicken shredded 2 cups
- Mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- dried basil one teaspoon
- Parmesan cheese grated 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir the first mentioned ingredients well in a bowl.
- Cut the French bread lengthwise into halves.
- Crosswise cut each piece into three pieces, spread the mixture on each piece.
- Spread grilled chicken on it.
- Sprinkle Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses over the chicken.
- Bake approximately for eight to ten minutes, or until cheese melts or gets golden brown.
Eggs in a Basket
For finicky kids, you can try various names to make this recipe interesting.
But ‘eggs in a basket’ sounds more appealing.
You make your child use a cookie –cutter for making a design on the bread. He can find it interesting to pour in egg in the middle of the bread slice to get set and cooked.
You can surprise your family by creating something unique and appealing.
- Butter 1 tablespoon
- Whole wheat bread two slices
- Two eggs (large)
- Kosher salt &pepper (to taste)
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat or an electric griddle to 350 degrees
- Melt one teaspoon butter on the frying pan
- Cut any interesting shapes in the center of the bread piece with a cookie cutter.
- Apply butter on both sides of the bread slices and cut pieces using the rest of the butter
- Put the buttered side of the bread slice on the frying pan.
- Break an egg and pour it in the hole in one of the slices of bread.
- Do the same procedure with the other slice.
- Cook for a minute to two until the bottom of the eggs gets golden. Flip carefully to cook the other side of the egg for a minute.
- Repeat the procedure with the cutout pieces of bread from both sides.
- Serve it immediately
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
Children enjoy using their favorite tater tots in preparing casserole. It doesn’t need any peeling and slicing. the
Due to frozen corn, peas, and carrots, it is easy to cook.
- Ground beef (1 pound)
- Golden mushroom soup (condensed) 1 can (10.75 ounces)
- Milk ½ cup
- Frozen corn ¼ cup
- Frozen carrots and peas ½ cup
- Cheddar cheese ( shredded) 1 cup
- Tater tots (frozen pack) 16ounces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Turn the ground beef to brown in a cooking pan. Transfer it to 1-quart casserole after draining water
- Stir well adding frozen peas, golden mushroom soup, corn, and carrots.
- Spread cheese and tater tots on top
- Bake until bubbly (approx 30-40 min.)
Crispy Rice Treat
This is a traditional recipe you can add a variety to it working with your children
- Crispy rice cereal 6 cups
- Butter 3 tablespoons
- Regular marshmallows 10 oz. / mini marshmallows 4 cups
- Spray a 9/13 pan or a heatproof spatula with cooking spray
- In a pan heat, melt and stir butter and marshmallow well, then add crispy rice cereal, and toast to get it coated.
- Pour and spread it in a pan, layering it properly. Let it cool down and then cut into pieces.
Easy Recipes For Kids To Make By Themselves For a Snack
- Add one-third cup of popcorn kernels in plastic only clip bag.
- Close the bag and then microwave it.
- Enjoy the hot popcorns.
- Take two peeled and overripen banana.
- Add some fresh berries in them.
- Then add a spoonful of orange juice.
- Blend them.
- Freeze them and then enjoy the smoothies.
Check out Homemade Baby Food Recipes
Enjoying in the kitchen with kids is fun.
The easy recipes for kids to make by themselves for a snack will let your kids make some healthier stuff for them. They are sweet, crunchy, and tasty.